Upholding the Interests of Employers and Employees
California law regarding the rights and duties of employers and employees is complex and wide-ranging. Employers should get experienced legal counsel before hiring or firing employees, as well as for their obligations regarding payment of wages and working conditions. Likewise, employees should seek legal help if they believe they have been wronged in some way, whether it’s discrimination, retaliation, or another employee rights violation.
Our employment attorneys in Southern California have represented both employers and employees in such cases. We are able to use that knowledge and experience learned “in the trenches” to our clients’ advantage. As a wise man once said, “If you have employees in California, you are probably in violation of the law but you don’t know it.” We are here to ensure the interests and rights of employers and employees are upheld.
Employers and Employees Choose The Green Firm
At The Green Firm, we provide smart legal advice and representation to employers or employees on issues related to the workplace. Because we have and continue to represent both sides of the issues, we approach each case with a holistic lens, which allows us to identify key issues and potential remedies rather quickly. This saves our clients resources, like time and money, better spent elsewhere.
- We draft and review employment contracts. Employment law lawyers can help draft or review employment contracts to ensure that they comply with applicable laws and protect the interests of the employer or employee.
- We advise on workplace policies. We help businesses create and implement workplace policies that comply with employment laws, such as anti-discrimination policies or harassment prevention policies.
- We help employers comply with employment laws. Employment laws in California are complex and ever-changing, making it difficult for businesses to stay in compliance. We build strong relationships with our clients who are employers and provide on-going guidance on relevant federal and state employment laws, such as the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) or the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), to ensure that the business is following all applicable regulations.
- We represent employers and employees in discrimination and harassment claims. Employment law attorneys can provide guidance and representation in cases of workplace discrimination or harassment based on factors such as race, gender, age, religion, or disability.
- We represent employers and employees in wage and hour disputes. Employment law lawyers can provide guidance and representation in cases involving disputes over wages, overtime pay, or other compensation issues.
- We represent employers and employees in wrongful termination claims. Employment law lawyers can provide guidance and representation in cases of wrongful termination, such as cases where an employee was fired for discriminatory reasons or in retaliation for whistleblowing.
Ultimately, we aim to protect the rights and interests of our clients, regardless of whether they are the employer or the employee. When we take on an employment case, we do so with commitment and due diligence.